Adding users to qdPM
Before you create your first user, you might want to configure the email message that they will recieve.
- Go to Configuration > General > New User Creation.
- Edit the Subject and Body content.
- Save your changes.
You can enter HTML content in the Body content box.
Start by logging on with the Administrator account.
- Go to Configuration > Users > Users Groups in the left pane.
- You will see a list of default User Groups.
- Click the Add button to create a new User Group as needed.
- Enter a Name: (e.g. Teachers).
- Select the Basic Access tab.
- Projects: View Only.
- Tasks: View Own Only.
- Tickets: Full Access.
- Discussions: Full Access.
- Select the Extra Access Configuration tab.
- Typically no options selected here.
- Save your User Group.
You can add fields to help describe your Users. Interestingly Extra Fields do not work properly for the default Administrator account, but do work as expected if you log on as an Admin account.
- Go to Configuration > Users > Extra Fields.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter a Name (e.g. Job title).
- Choose a Type from the following:
- Input Field.
- Input Numerical Field.
- Textarea with WYSIWYG editor.
- Date with Calendar.
- Date with Calendar and Time.
- Date range picker.
- Choose whether to Display in Listing.
- Note that the field will still be visible in the form even if you don't display it in the listing.
- Click Save.
Once you've created an extra field you can change its order by clicking the Sort button. You can also deactivate fields as needed.
It's a good idea to create at least one Admin account in addition to the initial Administrator account.
- Go to Users > View All to see a list of all current User accounts.
- Click the Add User button.
- Select a Group for the User.
- Full Name
- Choose whether to send login details to user.
- Click Save.
Thanks for visiting.