How to upgrade from the free version
Check current version
You first need to know which version of qdPM Free you are running.
- Browse to your qdPM login page.
- Below the login area, you should see the version number displayed.
Note that if it's not visible, you might've hidden the qdPM branding on the login page.
Once you've paid your subscription, you'll be able to access the software.
- Visit the qdPM Extended website.
- Log in with your user account.
- Go to My account.
- Download your copy of qdPM Extended and your product_key.txt file.
Replace all web files
- Upload and extract the web files, overwriting all existing files.
- Copy the product_key.txt file to /core/apps/qdPMExtended/config/
- Download the following file:
- Select your database in the left pane.
- Select the Import tab.
- Click the Choose file button and browse to the update_from_9.0_free_version.sql script.
- Click Go.
- Empty the core/cache folder.
- Remove the /install folder.
- Empty the /backups directory (these are backups for qdPM and should not be used).
- Create a new backup.
- Login as user who has access to configuration and reconfigure Users Groups access. You will need to give full access to your Administrators group.
qdPM Extended reportedly supports PHP 7.x, so you might consider update PHP (PHP 7.1.14 worked at time of writing), however backups don't work properly with PHP 7, so I'm sticking with PHP 5.6 for now.
qdPM Extended has more options that you can configure after upgrade.
Thanks for visiting.