Restoring Sugar CRM
- If you are only restoring your existing Sugar installation (ie. using the same database name) you can simply copy the Sugar files into the web site folder from your backup file.
- If however you are migrating or rebuilding the Sugar installation from scratch using a different database name you will initially need to use the Sugar CRM installation files (see installing Sugar CRM).
- If you have used the Sugar installation files, your branding will no longer be visible. To reinstate your branding simply copy the folders /include/images and /themes.
- Using phpMyAdmin select the newly created database (or your existing database if you are simply restoring an existing installation).
- Select the Importtab.
- Browse to the SQL file.
- Click Go, all existing Tables will be dropped.
- Edit /config.php
- db_name: Enter your new MySQL database if you've created a new one.
- host_name: Enter your new hostname (if applicable).
- site_url: Enter your new URL (if applicable).
Your Sugar CRM installation should now be fully restored.
Thanks for visiting.