Backing up your WordPress site
It is of course very important to have a backup strategy for your blog site, and here is some backup information from Wordpress themselves. There are essentially two components to the backup, the Wordpress files and the MySQL database.
- In phpMyAdmin select the Wordpress database and choose the Export tab.
- Leave all tables selected.
- In the Options > Structure section enable Add DROP TABLE / VIEW / PROCEDURE / FUNCTION.
- Choose Save as file.
- Click Go.
- The SQL file will now be downloaded to your local desktop.
Now let's take a look at the Wordpress files themselves.
- For backup purposes use an FTP client, or the file manager that comes with your web host to zip up all files and download them to your desktop.
Thanks for visiting.