Streaming from Zoom to YouTube
Start by logging in to your YouTube channel.
- Navigate to YouTube Studio
- Click on live stream icon ((•)) Go Live
- Click on Schedule stream (blue button)
- Create new or reuse settings, insert info and png slide
- Change the Title.
- Set to Private
- Set the date and time to be the start time of the meeting.
- Change thumbnail as needed.
- Select Not made for kids allows chat enabled
- Click Create
- Enable auto-start
- Do not enable auto-stop
- Closed captions disabled
- Select a stream key
- Note the Stream URL and Stream key +shareable link to Zoom
Now you are ready to configure Zoom
Log in to Zoom with the account that is going to host the event.
- Select Webinars in the left pane
- Click on the meeting to open it for editing
- Scroll to the bottom and click the More tab.
- In the Live streaming section: Click Configure… button.
- Enter the following items:
- Stream URL (copied from YouTube)
- Stream key (copied from YouTube)
- Live streaming page URL (this is the ‘Get shareable link…)
- Leave checkboxes unselected.
On the day
Join the Zoom meeting, 10 mins before
- Start the stream between Zoom and YouTube (Note: this is needed, even though auto-start was configured in YouTube).
- Click ...More > Live on Custom Live Streaming Service
- Click Participants
- Make the main speaker the host More > Make host.
- Now you can Leave the meeting, and you can’t end it.
- Stop the stream sometime after the meeting has finished.
Thanks for visiting,